This week’s Fitur (the international tourism trade fair in Madrid) saw Jet2.com celebrate 20 years of operations in Spain, with CEO Steve Heapy addressing an audience of senior delegates and highlighting the company’s ongoing success story and economic contribution to the Spanish economy.
Speaking to an audience of more than 100 people, which included Government officials, tourism boards, industry representatives, hoteliers and journalists, Mr Heapy talked about Jet2’s success story in Spain over the years. As well as the growth of Jet2.com, Mr Heapy highlighted the incredible success of Jet2holidays in Spain.
Mr Heapy spoke about how Jet2.com and Jet2holidays customers have contributed more than 3.5bn euros in terms of GDP to the Spanish economy, and how committed the companies are to working in partnership with hoteliers and tourism organisations to continue bringing more holidaymakers to Spain.
Since Jet2.com’s first flight to Malaga way back in February 2003, the airline has grown to become the second largest airline from the UK to Spain. On top of that, Jet2holidays is now the UK’s leading tour operator to Spain.
With 114 routes on sale from the UK in Summer 23 (including brand-new Glasgow to Girona and Bristol to Malaga), Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are once again increasing capacity to Spain for Summer 23. A team of well over 450 uniformed customer helpers will be in resort to look after Jet2holidays customers, providing the award-winning customer service that the companies are famous for.
Watch this video to find out why Jet2 is saying Cheers to 20 Years in Spain – and here’s to the next 20 years and beyond.
- 12 February 2003 – our first flight to Spain (Leeds Bradford to Malaga)
- We operated to four Spanish destinations in 2003, whereas today we operate to 13
- 2007 – The year we launched Jet2holidays to the Spanish sunshine
- 114 routes on sale between the UK and Spain this summer – including two brand new routes (Glasgow to Girona and Bristol to Malaga).
- More than 400 uniformed customer helpers in Spain this summer
- Number One UK Tour Operator to Spain
- 3.5bn euros – GDP Contribution to Spanish economy over the years